These insightful tips will help to accomplish more in a shorter amount of time.
- Use good planning to make more calls while traveling less. By using mapping software, or a detailed road map, you can target your daily calls to a specific area. Take control of your week by letting clients know on which day you will be in their area, and set your appointments smartly.
- Design and stick with your daily planner. Don’t make changes to your plan, but make additions where time allows.
- Eliminate waiting time by scheduling your appointments outside of your client’s busy time. The best example here pertains to restaurant owners. Don’t book appointments with them during their busy lunchtime hours, which are usually 11am to 2 pm.
- Limit the time you spend on small talk. Be efficient with regards to your time conversing with colleagues and customers. Time is money!
- Complete paperwork on your time. Peak selling hours are not the time to spend filling out reports or other paperwork. Budget your early morning, late afternoon, and evening schedule to accommodate these tasks.